Strong Studios enforces a dress code in order to make sure our instructors are able to determine correct form and alignment without interference from attire and to inspire the right 9attitude in our dancers. Our dress code levels the playing field within classes and promotes self-assurance and a healthy body image.
We offer ALL dress code items for sale at the studio at a discounted rate from most retailers. To order through the studio, please fill out an order form and have your dancer measured at the Front Desk. See the information below for estimated cost to outfit your dancer in proper dress code.
Hair should be pulled back into a bun for all Ballet classes. In all other classes, hair should be secured off the face in a ponytail or bun. There should be no bare-midriffs in any classes (with the exception of Belly Dance).·
ATTENTION STRONG BALLERINAS! https://youtu.be/f8xdCA_S6DI
We have our very own Ballet Bun tutorial! Check it out!
Mandatory for Ballet Classes!
- Combo Class: Pastels or black, leotard, tights, ballet slippers, and tap shoes. Skirt optional.
- Jazz: Black jazz pants/capris, studio logo t-shirt/tank, tan jazz shoes
- Tap: Black cropped or capri length pants, logo tank, or regular fitted black shirt/tank, black tap shoes
- Contemporary: Same as Jazz, dance paws, jazz shoes, half socks or barefoot
- Bellydance: Fitted shirt or tank, or midriff baring tank for observation, black cropped or Capri length pants, barefoot
- Hip Hop: Loose, comfortable clothing, sneakers, no jeans
- Belly Dance: Tight tank top or leotard, black pants/capris
- Pre-Ballet: Pink leotard, pink tights, leather or canvas ballet slippers ONLY
- Ballet 1: Light Blue leotard, pink tights, leather or canvas ballet slippers ONLY
- Ballet 2: Lavender leotard, pink tights, leather or canvas ballet slippers ONLY
- Ballet 3: Burgundy leotard, pink tights, leather or canvas ballet slippers ONLY
- Ballet 4: Navy leotard, pink tights, leather or canvas ballet slippers ONLY
- Pre-Pointe: Appropriate level pink tights, leather or canvas ballet slippers ONLY
Not sure where to purchase our dress code? You have two options. You can stop by our front desk and one of our friendly front desk staff can assist you in filling out a retail order form and we can order it for you or you can shop our local dance store. Click here to view our dress code with Discount Dance Supply